Zucchini is one of the most versatile vegetables, whether you prepare it as a main component of a dish, a side or eat it straight with a sauce or on a salad!
“Zucchini Fries” https://www.kathysvegankitchen.com/zucchini-fries-vegan/
“How to Make Zucchini Noodles” https://www.loveandlemons.com/zucchini-noodles/
“Stuffed Zucchini Boats” Adapted from https://www.loveandlemons.com/stuffed-zucchini-boats/
- Zucchini, in any amount, sliced in rounds or wedges
- Plant milk and Dijon mustard
- Bread crumbs and nutritional yeast
- Place zucchini slices onto paper towels and generously salt. (Removes excess moisture to prevent it from getting soggy after cooking, and the salt is washed away in the making).
- Mix the plant milk and Dijon mustard together in a bowl. Mix the nutritional yeast and bread crumbs in another bowl.
- Dip the zucchini in the mustard mixture, then into the breadcrumb mixture.
- Choose to bake or air-fry the vegan zucchini fries.
How to Make “Zoodles”
You can use a variety of kitchen tools to create lots of different “zoodles” for your favorite pasta dishes! Using a spiralizer can get you curly noodles, a julienne peeler can get you “angel hair” zoodles and you can get “fettuccine” zoodles with a mandoline and a knife. Even without special tools, with a good knife or peeler, you can make some thin “pappardelle” zoodles. Create as many as you’d like and top with your favorite vegan pasta sauce!
Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Zucchinis, sliced in half
- Just Egg or Egg Replacer, and breadcrumbs
- Vegan parmesan cheese, or nutritional yeast
- Garlic, cherry tomatoes, pine nuts, lemon zest, thyme, salt, and pepper
- Hollow out zucchinis, leaving a 1/4-inch-thick rim around each half.
- Filling: Chop up zucchini flesh and press out excess moisture. Add zucchini to a bowl with the Just Egg or Egg Replacer, thyme, breadcrumbs, cherry tomatoes, lemon zest, garlic, parmesan, pine nuts, and salt. Mix.
- Load up the zucchini shell and drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Bake! Transfer the stuffed squash to a 475-degree oven and bake until the filling is set & nicely golden brown, 16-18 minutes.
Need the recipe PDF? Click here!