Hope for Creation, the Southwest MI regional chapter of Michigan Interfaith Power and Light, is a grassroots inter-religious group working to encourage and support faith-based action on climate change in greater Kalamazoo.
Getting involved in Hope for Creation connects you (and your congregation or faith-based organization) with others across the region and is a symbol of your congregation’s commitment to Earth stewardship and climate action.
What are the benefits of being part of Hope for Creation?
- Information and support for reducing your carbon footprint through energy efficiency, renewable energy, and other sustainable practices.
- Connections with peer communities and other sources of support and mutual learning.
- Guidance on starting and maintaining congregational green teams and environmental justice initiatives.
- Up-to-date information about issues that affect the health of our communities and our common home, along with opportunities to advocate for systemic change.
- Avenues to celebrate and promote the ways your house of worship has sustained the earth and to contribute to shared local conservation and sustainability efforts.
- Opportunities to work with, worship with, and advocate alongside other people of faith who are champions of Earth stewardship in their congregations and in the public sphere.