Hope for Creation, the Southwest MI regional chapter of Michigan Interfaith Power and Light, is a grassroots inter-religious group working to encourage and support faith-based action on climate change in greater Kalamazoo.
Getting involved in Hope for Creation connects you (and your congregation or faith-based organization) with others across the region and is a symbol of your congregation’s commitment to Earth stewardship and climate action.
What are the benefits of being part of Hope for Creation?
- Information and support for reducing your carbon footprint through energy efficiency, renewable energy, and other sustainable practices.
- Connections with peer communities and other sources of support and mutual learning.
- Guidance on starting and maintaining congregational green teams and environmental justice initiatives.
- Up-to-date information about issues that affect the health of our communities and our common home, along with opportunities to advocate for systemic change.
- Avenues to celebrate and promote the ways your house of worship has sustained the earth and to contribute to shared local conservation and sustainability efforts.
- Opportunities to work with, worship with, and advocate alongside other people of faith who are champions of Earth stewardship in their congregations and in the public sphere.
To get involved with Hope for Creation, email [email protected]
You can also like Hope for Creation on Facebook and check out our YouTube channel!
Check out some of the things we've done!
1 / 7
Clergy and lay members of several area congregations celebrated Harvest of Unity with an interfaith service at Allen Chapel AME Church, September 2021
2 / 7
Members of Hope for Creation’s Growing Connections initiative joined Allen Chapel AME Church in celebrating the launch of its congregational garden, Summer 2021
3 / 7
Hope for Creation participated in an electric vehicle showcase at People’s Church, Summer 2021
4 / 7
5 / 7
6 / 7
7 / 7