When bell peppers are abundant, you’ll love having this quick, easy recipe!
Ready in 20 minutes
Serves 4 people
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- block of tempeh (8 ozs) crumbled
- 1 large bell pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup Barbeque sauce
- 1 tsp. vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. stone ground mustard
- 4 burger buns, preferably whole wheat
- Saute onion and garlic in a skillet in a small amount of water until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add crumbled tempeh and cook for another 5 minutes until it is slightly brown. Add small amounts of water if needed to prevent sticking.
- Add bell pepper, barbecue sauce, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Simmer for 7 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve on buns.
Tempeh is made of soybeans (like tofu, but with a very different texture and taste) so this recipe is full of protein. Every time you get your protein from plant-based foods--whole grains, nuts, and beans of all kinds--you’re taking good care of your health and helping care for Creation!
Need the recipe PDF? Click here!