An amazing, meatless, dairy-free lasagna packed with a hummus tofu ricotta that will please any carnivore!
Ready in 60 minutes
Serves 9-12 people
Purposefully Plant-Based Ingredients
For the lasagna:
- 12 whole grain lasagna noodles
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped (optional)
- 8 oz pkg sliced mushrooms
- 12 oz pkg frozen spinach, thawed (or a few
handfuls of fresh spinach)
- 7–10 cups marinara sauce (2 25oz jars)
For the tofu ricotta:
- 2 14 oz pkg extra firm tofu, drained and
- 10 oz tub roasted garlic hummus (1 heaping
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350F. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add noodles and cook just until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Once hot, add zucchini, mushrooms, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Sauté for 5 minutes or until softened. Add spinach and sauté for another 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat.
- Place drained and pressed tofu in a large bowl. Crumble with hands. Add hummus, nutritional yeast, basil, salt, and garlic powder. Stir together with your hands until it’s semi-smooth and resembles ricotta.
- Place about 1 1/2 cups of marinara in the bottom of a 9x13in baking dish. Top with 4 noodles. Next add half of the ricotta mixtureand half of the vegetable mixture. Top with a heaping 1 1/2 cups or more of sauce. Repeat with more noodles, tofu mixture, and veggies. Then top with one last layer of noodles and another 1 1/2 cups or more of sauce. Top with a sprinkle of nutritional yeast.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
Need the recipe PDF? Click here!