Tofu doesn’t have much flavor by itself, but it’s easy to turn it into scrumptious breakfasts, lunches, dinners, desserts, and smoothies!
And it’s a great source of protein, from soybeans. Try these and the links below to many more recipes, and you’ll see!
“28 Killer Tofu Recipes” www.delish.com/cooking/g26001696/tofu-recipes/?slide=10
“41 Brilliant Ways to Spice Up Boring Tofu” greatist.com/health/healthy-tofu-recipes
“51 Tasty Tofu Recipes” www.thespruceeats.com/vegetarian-and-vegan-tofu-recipes-3377201
- Tofu, in any amount, sliced in ¼ inch thick slices
- Soy sauce or tamari
- Spread a thin layer of tamari or soy sauce all over a platter or any flat pan with edges.
- Arrange the tofu slices in a single layer on the pan.
- Sprinkle or spread more tamari or soy sauce on top of the tofu. The aim is to cover all the tofu with the tamari or soy sauce, but not have a lot of extra left in the pan
- Let the tofu marinate for 5 minutes or longer
- Turn each slice over and marinate another 5 minutes
- Fry the tofu slices in a frypan with a little vegetable oil on medium heat. Flip them when they’re golden brown, and brown the other side.
- Serve them any way you might use bacon!
Instead of “BLT” (Bacon, Lettuce & Tomato) sandwiches, try “TLC” (Tender Loving Care for Creation) sandwiches with “Fakin’ Bacon” (above) in Tofu, Lettuce & Cucumber sandwiches on bread or toast or burger buns spread with “Vegenaise” (eggless mayonnaise.) Top with a slice of tomato, and serve with ketchup or other toppings!
“Eggless Egg Salad” Sandwiches
- Tofu, mashed, without the liquid it comes in
- “Vegenaise” (eggless mayonnaise), to taste
- Celery and/or Red Onion, chopped small
- Salt, Pepper, Mustard, or whatever you like
- Mix “Vegenaise” into the mashed tofu, and stir in the other ingredients.
- Spread it on bread or toast, with lettuce or not.
“Tofu Potato Salad”
- Potatoes, peeled or not
- ”Eggless Egg Salad” (above)
- Dice the potatoes and cook them in boiling water until soft when pricked with a fork.
- Drain the potatoes, reserving the water for making soup. (Save it in the fridge or freezer.)
- Stir the “Eggless Egg Salad” mixture into the potatoes and serve, either hot or cold.
Need the recipe PDF? Click here!
Showing 1 reaction
Sign in with