This recipe is also tasty with Broccoli, Portobello Mushrooms, Spinach, String Beans, Zucchini or a combination in place of the asparagus! You will never miss the heavy cream and cheese in this delicious, healthy alfredo pasta dish!
Ready in 20 minutes
Serves 4 people
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 ounces cauliflower florets (3 cups)
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup Cashews
2 teaspoon Nutritional yeast
- 1 vegan bouillon cube
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 8 oz pasta of choice
- 1 lb asparagus, washed, trimmed,
and broken into 1 1/2 in. pieces
- dairy-free parmesan, to taste
- Saute the minced garlic in 1 teaspoon of oil in a 1-1/2 qt. saucepan over low heat. Cook for a minute or so, until the garlic is tender and fragrant, but not browned.
- Add the 1 cup of water to the saucepan, along with the cauliflower, cashews, and bouillon cube, and bring the water to a boil. Cover, turn down to simmer, and cook for 12 minutes.
- Put pasta in boiling water to cook.
- Spray heated sauté pan with olive oil spray, and sauté asparagus for 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Transfer the entire contents of the saucepan into a blender or food processor, and season with salt and pepper. Add Nutritional Yeast. Process until very smooth and creamy. Be careful to vent
your blender when blending hot liquids!
- Rescue and drain your pasta!
- Combine Pasta, Alfredo Sauce and Asparagus and sprinkle with “Parmesan” for a light and satisfying meal.
Need the recipe PDF? Click here!